>I can fit my PA, 2 guitars, small amp, and even a 3 piece drum kit
>in my 62 Mercury (and the dingle balls, hula girl, black power air
freshener,
>and dice look pretty fabulous driving down the road too).

OK, I can accept someone who is driving a Ford Escort station wagon to
say that SUVs are gas guzzling machines.
I'm a little more confused by somone owning a 62 Mercury trashing
SUVs.   If it's because you hate the people that
often drive them (and I won't say 'always'), that's fine.  Hopefully
you don't mind when those same people make rash judgements about you
as a slacker musician driving an old car.   (My point there isn't that
you are a slacker musician- my point is, stereotypes aren't always
true).  Sure, there are assholes who drive SUVs and there are a lot of
people who think they can handle like a car.   There are also assholes
who drive every type of car imagineable.

If you hate SUVs because they are gas guzzling machines, my guess is,
the emissions on a 62 Mercury are probably not going through a
catalytic converter so it's doing more than it's fair share of
polluting.  Plus, I doubt it's getting the 35 MPG that the Escort is.

And then we have people living in split level suburban homes bashing
SUVs.   Would those be suburban homes that either a) destroyed
farmlands b) wetlands or c) some animal habitat or just contributed to
the fact that we all need cars in the first place to drive from our
suburban sprawl to our jobs?.

How did George Jones' driving mistake turn into this conversation?
Jee-sus!

-paul
[EMAIL PROTECTED]