> Subject:      Re: New Grass Revival - White Freightliner
>
> ><< Other than the Sovines version, and J.D.'s version, I've not heard
> anyone
> > else do it (sans Townes hisself..duh). >>
> >
> Didn't somebody do a good one at Twangfest even--'98 or '97?

        [Matt Benz]  Yeh,the Sovines did that at TF 98, tho whether or
not it was a good one, I don't know. I think Purcell sang it with us. We
started playing WFL after 3 of us did a TVZ tribute show, with acoustic
guitars and mandolin. When the full band reconvened, we decided to see
what we could do with it, and we came up with the fast electric version.
I do capo up to the 7th fret, but that's as close to BG as the song gets
in our hands. We don't play it out much anymore, tho we did do it at a 4
set show last week. Grabbin for every song we knew that night.