I feel guilty because I don't know more about the Bramletts than I do,
but.....

Delaney and Bonnie Bramlett used to be married. Delaney has a new disc out.
His voice is shot to hell from all the liqour, dope, and cigarettes, but it
still ain't bad. I ain't sure what Bonnie is up to. Bekka, their kid, had a
rekkid out, Country Music, Nashville Style. What a waste. Bramlett and
Country don't really work. That's a soul fambily. Word I hear is that she
is working on a new album that is more soul driven. Delaney and Bonnie were
right in the middle of that whole Macon-Muscle Shoals scene. They recorded
one of the greatest acoustic albums of all time, Motel Shot, out of a motel
room. They invited their friends to come play and have fun. Friends like
Duane Allman and Leon Russell. They were so amned good together that even
Clapton (before he sucked) toured with them. Bonnie was a regular guest
vocalist on a lot of Southern Rock and Soul work in the 70's. Her and
Delaney are divorced now. I think they have a son in the music bidness, but
I ain't rightly sure. I don't believe Randall Bramlett is direct kin, but I
could be wrong.

I hope and pray that one day that whole Macon/Muscle Shoals scene will be
throughly documented in a box set and/or a book.

Hell, The rise and Fall of Capricorn Records or the whole Allman Bros scene
would make a damned good movie.

Jeff Wall
 http://www.twangzine.com The Webs least sucky music magazine
3421 Daisy Crescent - Va Beach, Va - 23456