> On Thu, 11 Mar 1999 [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>
> > She also punched Elvis Costello in a bar somewhere in Ohio for
> > calling Ray Charles a blind ignorant nigger.
>
> Glad Deb mentioned this.  Even if she'd never been a great single I'd
> always think the best of her for having done that.
>
> Will Miner
> Denver, CO

I remember hearing this story 10 or 15 years ago; I think the town was
Columbus, but I could be mistaken. The record I best remember Delaney and
Bonnie's work on was that classic Clapton solo record -- one of his first
as a solo artist -- with "Let It Rain" on it. I love that song, even when
Johnette N., from Concrete Blonde, is singing it along with Steve Wynn et
al. -- Terry Smith