Bob:

> Well, here too: The only time I've ever seen Friedman, he literally
> spent the evening belching on stage and then told us at the end how
> lucky he was to be going to New York, where he'd play to an audience
> that appreciated him. (Doubters are welcome to go to the Boston Globe
> archives at www.boston.com and search on Friedman and belch.) Anyone
> who "smooths out" that crass piece of shit is OK by me.

Yeah, even though I like Kinky (his recordings? <g>), it's a fact he's
really self-indulgent in live appearances and may do just about any damn
thing.  Kind of the Charles Bukowski of free range country??  I've seen
him do the belch thing too.

These days, Kinky usually just runs through ok acoustic versions of his
songs in conjunction with book readings or book signings.  I mean, he no
longer has a band or does honest-to-god music gigs or anything.  I'll be
checking him out at SXSW and hoping for the best.  I won't stand too
close, however <g>.

Junior,

np:  Lyle Lovett "Sold American" (from Pearls in the Snow)