I believe the version that Scott took "Muddy Water" from was by the
legendary D.C. bluegrass group the Seldom Scene ... don't know who wrote
it.

> Hey, who wrote that song that the V-Roys always cover live about muddy
> water?  It's angry and I love it.  I think that the V-Roys are always at
> their best when Scott Miller taps into his angry side (which is pretty
damn
> often).

Scott and the vroys are always picking great covers -- as the Viceroys the
used to do Jerry Lee Lewis' "Touching Home," and it was INCREDIBLE, as well
as a great encore of "In the Pines."
Rob Russell
Johnson City, TN
[EMAIL PROTECTED]