Carl Wilson wrote:

<<Good friends of mine run the (*very* professional -
     much more so than commercial radio) all-night CBC Radio 2 new-music
     program Brave New Waves,>>

Ok, you Cinti folk had the X - Bam, the future of rock and roll - thanks to
89.9 out of Windsor, it was Brave New Waves and Nightlines that I was taping
at night (and listening to the next day) to hear some great bands (that didn't
receive much airplay).  I found an old tape of the show only to discover they
were playing something off the *just released* "Whites off earth now" album by
this new group out of Toronto, Cowboy Junkies. (the music set also included
Patti Smith and Half Japanese)

Carl W: what ever happened to Brent Bambrey (wasn't that the original hosts
name?)

But I wasn't as cool as Gravel Train Mitch...he actually got on the show by
calling the answering machine and leaving a request. (Note to the uneducated:
on Nightlines, in order to put in a request, you must call this answering
machine and answer the question posed on the recorder first, and then place
your request)  The following week, they would play back some of the better

re: Oxford.  Who else recalls when Looney T-birds was this little hole in the
wall on some side street in Oxford?  Last time I drove through that town, it
was on the main drag, and quite large.

Paul