Ameritwang Paul wrote:

> Ok, you Cinti folk had the X - Bam, the future of rock and roll -

Good call. Can't believe I forgot to mention that. For those who
don't know what Paul is talking about (that's a lot of us, generally
<g>), Rain Man was filmed partly in Cincinnati, and there's a scene
where Cruise and Hoffman are driving down the road; Hoffman
hears 97X's tagline -- "97X...(bang sound)...the future of rock and
roll" -- and starts repeating it over and over. Too funny.

> re: Oxford.  Who else recalls when Looney T-birds was this little
> hole in the wall on some side street in Oxford?  Last time I drove
> through that town, it was on the main drag, and quite large.

Is it really? Interesting. I haven't been to Oxford in years (no good
reason to go there, unless I have a jones to around rich, white,
snob kids). That was a great record store. I did hear that the
basement of Mac & Joe's got remodeled, it's no longer the cold
little punk dungeon it used to be. I cracked open my head there
one night when I jumped off the stage doing an encore of Ziggy
Stardust and hit my head on the ceiling. Duh.

Dave

***
Dave Purcell, [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Northern Ky Roots Music: http://w3.one.net/~newport