On Friday some geek named Renshaw wrote:

> > At a time when alt.country bands increasingly lean toward tepid
> > vocals, languid playing, and gentle singer-songwriterish sentiments, a band like
>the Waco
> > boys is a welcome blast of whiskey-tinged fresh air.

Yawn.  I dont know if you've ever stood downwind from a drunk but
"welcome blast" is not likely what you'd be thinking about his breath.

Although that's maybe a good analogy for a band who does a Joe
Strummer-ish "Wreck on the Highway."  I think I might opt for a tepid and
gentle version myself.

Will Miner
Denver, CO