At 10:42 PM 3/26/99 -0500, you wrote:
> Those of you who have seen the tour elsewhere, what type of
>>reception is Del getting? Last night is wasnt so hot.
>>
>>From where I was sitting at the show's stop in Durham, it seemed that most
>of the crowd was there specifically to see Del.  Not only did he receive
>quite a reception (one guy even yelled at Steve and the rest to bring Del
>out during the opening set), but I also spent much of the intermission
>explaining to neighbors who Steve Earle is.

Now that's the way it's supposed to be.  Look at what Del has done for
Steve, that no one else has ever been able to get him to do....

Put on a suit, and cut his hair. Steve may be getting a bigger reception in
some places, but I'd be willing to bet that Steve knows who the big kahuna
is. I'm impressed by Steve's G Run. Del has taught him well.

That Del McCoury is deserving of Sainthood if you ask me.

Jeff Wall
 http://www.twangzine.com The Webs least sucky music magazine
3421 Daisy Crescent - Va Beach, Va - 23456