> > Incidentally, I thought "Hillbilly Highway" was the most
> > successful "bluegrassed up " of Steve's songs. That's the
> > one that should be a festival staple.
>
> Now I coulda *swore* some bluegrass band has covered this (either that or
> I had a dream about it).  Help me out here, Weisberger.--don

Like Jeff said, Skaggs recorded it, but on his most recent country album,
Life Is A Journey, not bluegrass.  If I've heard an Actual Bluegrass
version, it must not have made much of an impression <g>.

On the other hand, I was talking with a couple of other musicians in the
dressing room over at the Hayes Brothers tonight, and we agreed that Bill
Anderson's "I Get The Fever" would make one fine bluegrass number; it's got
a banjo roll practically built in.

Jon Weisberger  Kenton County, KY [EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://home.fuse.net/jonweisberger/