the Cartwrights' tune on the second Bloodshot sampler was my fave on that
record, which is really saying something. I, too, hope they get together
and put out a record that's actually obtainable out in middle america.

Which raises the question - what ever happened to the Vole Beats, another
one of my favorite obscure bands? I tried to score their second record and
never succeeded; they must have sold out of what they had. But love that
first one -- with it's subtle, but stick-with-you pop ballads. -- Terry Smith