On Fri, 2 Apr 1999 [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Which reminds me, any minor or major Drake fan want to offer up a good
> starting point into that artist's catalog? I need to go buy yet another CD
> that I've never gonna have enough time to appreciate to its fullest. Sigh...

Oh my fucking God does Nick Drake rule!!

I would do the inevitable and buy the four CD box set.  Personally Pink
Moon and Bryter Later(sp?) are my favorites . . . but 5 Leaves Left has
Cello Song (the prettiest song ever) and at least a couple of other
essentials.  And I am afraid I cannot listen to Kelly's cover of Nick
knowing his version . . . just doesn't cut it, sorry.

Just buy the box.  And make sure you listen through a couple of times.
The initial impressions are typically tame . . . but the payoff is one of
the largest imaginable.

My opinions of course . . .

-jim