> Ok, so I'm Roger Miller-less and I've been meaning to correct that --
> where's the best place to start?
>
> Thanks,
> Dave

Get the boxed set. From my standpoint, as a fearless warrior against all
production that exceeds five guys standing (or sitting) around amplifiers
(or not) -- ok, overdubbing is OK -- anyhow, from my standpoint, his
material is consistently good, often great. I think the weaker stuff is
his very early material, which may have been pretty basic from the
production standpoint (if I remember correctly). But the songs are so
strong, and his delivery likewise, that the old production thing just
doesn't enter into the equation, for me at least. And some of Roger's most
classic stuff, the "Dang Me" sessions, really were just four or five guys
playing more or less live. This boxed set was a revelation for me, and I
think I better pull it out again, just to make sure I haven't made any
agregious blunders, or however you spell it. -- Terry Smith

ps I just read that over, and editing's a bitch with this program, so let
me rephrase it here -- Miller's arrangements never get in the way of the
strong singing and songwriting. And some of those ballads grab you by your
heart and just wring it floppy.

egregious?
aggregateious?