André Kopostynski wrote:

> After several spins of Andre William's "Red Dirt" (Bloodshot), which I
> really enjoy, I have to find out who wrote "Psycho".  My copy is an
> advance and doesn't list any credits (thanks, Rob.) The only other
> version I have of this song is by an Australian (I believe) band called
> The Beasts of Bourbon (an album I got 12-15 years ago).  Who wrote this
> creepy song?

If that's THE "Psycho," that would be Leon Payne, who also happened to
write "Lost Highway," "They'll Never Take Her Love From Me," "I Love You
Because," "Blue Side Of Lonesome," and lots of other great songs.
"Psycho" was first recorded by Eddie Noack back in the '60s.  Jack Kittel
recorded a fairly popular version of it in the '70s.--don

And then Bill F-W confirms it is.

Thanks Don and Bill. Now, my next question:  What Leon Payne album(s) would
you recommend?  They guy has obviously written songs that I find very
intriguing.

Later...

André Kopostynski
Dallas, Texas