[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

<< Good luck finding any.  I think he put out some for Starday in the '60s,
 but I don't have any of 'em.--don

 ditto. payne also recorded, in the '40s, for bullet, a nashville label that
put out a lot of great gospel, blues, and r&b stuff. he then went to
capitol--and maybe also decca--before recording for starday, as don said. you
might call lawrence bros. records on lower broadway here in nashville. they
might have vinyl copies of the starday stuff, or starday-gusto repackagings
of payne's earlier stuff (they've got a basement full of records nobody wants
<g>). the phone number there is 615.256.9240. and they do mail order, albeit
very low-tech. let me know if you have any luck. bill f-w