Christopher Hill answered Jerry:

> > PS: Anyone captivated by the new Jason Faulkner?
>

> Listening to this now, after seeing him open for
> Mercury Rev Sunday.  It's still sinking in as an
> album, but "My Lucky Day" and "Eloquence"
> are brilliant, brilliant pop gems.  A good follow-on
> from his previous work.  Haven't heard his first solo,
> but it sounds very Jellyfish (w/o the Beatles/Queen
> bombast) and Grays-ish.

Well, I haven't heard the new Falkner, and wasn't in a hurry to because
his first one did nothing for me. It's not terrible, it's just pretty
thoroughly uncompelling. (He produced the record and most of the noises
on it himself and I think that was a mistake)  Pop-geek roomie (another
audities lister) says he thinks I'd like the new record though, so we'll
see.

Chris, if you like Jellyfish w/o the Queen sound, try their first
record, BELLYBUTTON. It's the second, (sans Falkner-with yesterday's P2
hero Jon Brion) SPILT MILK, that veers that direction. ("Joining A
Fanclub" is great fun, IMO)

b.s.

n.p. The Jam SOUND AFFECTS/ALL MOD CONS