Jon on the relevance or not of equipment threads..

> Yeah, right, it's not of general interest, like vintage cereals <g>.

True.  We've had Tele threads and amp threads that went on for days.  Or,
you could just take it to the "fluff" list.  On the fluff list, Joe, we
could talk basses and Texas history for days with complete impunity <g>

And as you probably know, SGs won't stay in tune worth a damn either.
Must be a cursed body shape or something <g>.

Those Danelectro-style basses always sound nice to me, although they
obviously don't have the all-purpose overall quality of a P-bass.

--junior