Let me first thank Jon for his long summary of the Posies recording
career.  You are absolutely correct when you make the point about Posies
fans aligning themselves into 2 distinct camps.

I came to an awareness of the band as _Dear 23_ hit the streets.  I truly
was swept off of my feet and will concur, it's one of the Top 10 powerpop
albums ever produced IMHO.  I feel so damn strongly about that record,
that it really has elicited some of the intensity and sonic loyalty that
came forth in my original post.  I suppose I was a bit like a junkie after
hearing that record....more, More, MORE....and a new album a month,
please! <g>

I have heard the same things Jon recounted, that the band live was really
much more hard-edged and that they were also disappointed with the sonic
lushness of _Dear 23_.  Damn, sort of of like cod liver oil, the band
didn't know what was good for them <g>.

Jerry Curry - Spectre Booking
Independence, Oregon
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

In the Top 40, half the songs are secret messages to the teen world to
drop out, turn on, and groove with the chemicals and light shows at
discotheques.  -- Art Linkletter