At 01:32 PM 4/20/99 -0500, you wrote:

>You might check out that "High Society" movie with Bing Crosby, Frank
>Sinatra, and Louis Armstrong all in the same plot (with Grace Kelly as
>Female lead).  It's got two or three of our all-time greats on one stage,
>as it were.  And it's aged better than most Presley films <g>.

Well, it's not very good, even by those low standards--though maybe it just
pales, and then some, in comparison to the incredible The Philadelphia
Story, the non-musical film it was based upon.

BUT, the music in High Society is often quite good--especially a Bing-Satch
duet on, I think, "That's Jazz" and a Bing-Frank duet on, I think, "What A
Swell Party It's Been." Then again, it's a Cole Porter score, so of course
the songs are good. The only thing that could ruin them is if someone who
can't sing sings them and, unfortunately, Grace Kelly does just that on at
least two occasions. --david cantwell