Joe Gracey wrote:

> Bob Wills made his guys learn the hit songs on the charts no matter what
> genre they came from. They had to, even though he had hits of his own.

Along these lines, sorta kinda, I had a weird experience along
these lines last week. I'd just passed the point in Colin Escott's
Hank bio where he was discussing Hank's hits charting on the pop
side, for Mitch Miller and the like. He mentioned Tony Bennett's
cover of "Cold, Cold Heart" -- I heard that very same version playing
over a restaurant's sound system the next night.

Spooky.

Dave

***
Dave Purcell, [EMAIL PROTECTED]