David Cantwell wrote:

> I know there's a collection of his 1940s country-cowboy stuff--Pistol
> Packin' Mama, Don't Fence Me In, New San Antonio Rose, Deep In The Heart Of
> Texas, etc--but I don't know the name of it. But I highly recommend it,
> whatever it's called.

The Bob Wills guys all told a story about Crosby coming to some bash in
Tulsa in his honor and getting off the train and when somebody said
something about the orchestra, he supposedly said
"Orchestra-Smorchestra, where is Bob Wills? His band is who I want to
sing with. Those guys cook." I'm inventing his lines, of course, but
that was the gist, and supposedly they did in fact back him up and he
did the whole show with them. Love to hear a bootleg of that baby <g>...
--
Joe Gracey
President-For-Life, Jackalope Records