Yes, I have this CD and it comes in a cardboard box essentially.
I believe they are/were from Phoenix.  I bought it used primarily
based upon a cursory listen.  Over time, it hasn't held up very well
for me.  However, this gives me impetus to revisit and perhaps reform
my impressions.

I remember it definitely falling on the lo-fi end of things.  The
packaging is indeed, interesting and it irritated me since it takes up so
much shelfspace. <g>

JC

On 21 Apr 1999, Robin Hall wrote:

> Does anyone on the list know anything about about a cd called "Chuncked and Muddled"
>by Doo Rag, on Bloat Records? The somewhat self-consciously retro packaging has a
>1994 copyright.
> Someone I work with just handed it to me, and said "You're always listening to that
>yee haw stuff, you might like this."
> She was right. It sounds a little like Beck playing the blues. Very lo fi
>production. It's curiously hypnotic. I can't stop listening to it.

Jerry Curry - Spectre Booking
Independence, Oregon
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

In the Top 40, half the songs are secret messages to the teen world to
drop out, turn on, and groove with the chemicals and light shows at
discotheques.  -- Art Linkletter