>Does anyone on the list know anything about about a cd called "Chuncked and
>Muddled" by Doo Rag, on Bloat Records? The somewhat self-consciously retro
>packaging has a 1994 copyright. It sounds a little like Beck playing the blues. Very lo fi
>production. It's curiously hypnotic. I can't stop listening to it.
What a great band. I haven't thought about them in a while. I believe that they've
broken up. I saw them live a few times. They were definitely lo-fi live as well.
I think they were fairly innovative and doing some interesting stuff.  I think they did
done some work with Jon Spencer.

I think the Beck comparison is fair, but I think they both released their first material
around the same time.

They have another cd released in '96 titled "What We Do". I listened
to that one a lot back in the day. (Why does '96 seem so long ago??)

marie