I wrote:

> If we're talking about the decade, I don't know that Nirvana's sold more
> albums than Gill; the RIAA database is down right now, but I'll
> report back.

And though the database is still down (wake up over there!), on taking
another look at the best-sellers list, I see that Nirvana clocks in at 23
million units (a million less than AJ, which I find surprising), whereas
Gill must be somewhere under 20 million.  Still, as I went on to say:

> Gill's had a number of multi-platinum albums, though, and
> is clearly an immense commercial success...

And just to quantify that, he's got 6 of them, which is immense commercial
success in my book <g>.

Jon Weisberger, Kenton County, KY  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://home.fuse.net/jonweisberger