Marie on Beefheart...
>>>There is a difference between noise and music, right?

>CK:
>>Actually, according to Zappa when recording those LPs, the point was to
>>answer that question, "No."
>>
>Well, I think they answered that question with a *yes*. There is a
difference
>between noise and music. Beefheart falls on the noise side to these ears.
>
>marie

Let's face it - Beefheart is now and always has been a "guy thang"  A
seventies male bonding, rite-of-passage grunt; an incomprehensible po' boys
answer of  an imitation of Frank Zappa imitating Lowell George in a fit of
garbled humor as rage and longing and a testament to "if it's totally
incomprehensible, then it must be good" theory of music journalism.
Marie is right...AND she didn't have to say so by using profanity to get her
point across (sorry, Lance - <g> )
Tera