>On Thu, 22 Apr 1999, Don Yates wrote:
>
>And it looks like I was right: "Ever True Evermore" was recorded by Patti
>Page (as was "With My Eyes Wide Open I'm Dreaming"), and "Mistakes" was
>recorded by Vera Lynn.  !--don

Friggin' hell! Not *the* Vera Lynn? Sweetheart of the Forces in
WWII? Her of whom Ken Dodd once observed that he knew there was
going to be war in the Falklands when he walked past her house and
heard her practising her scales? Her who is heard singing "We'll
meet again" over the closing credits of 'Doctor Strangelove'? Dear
me, life's just getting too weird these days.

Iain Noble
Hound Dog Research, Survey and Social Research Consultancy,
28A Collegiate Crescent Sheffield S10 2BA UK
Phone/fax: (+44) (0)114 267 1394 email:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
                                       [EMAIL PROTECTED]