> > I want to add that I hope Mike is right with his observation that some
> > country stations are leaning towards actually playing country
> > music again.
> > I had to stop the other day to find out what song was playing on a local
> > station cos it sounded almost "alt.country." Turned out to be the latest
> > Dixie Chicks single. Anyone else heard that one?
>
> I haven't heard it yet, but I love Joy Lynn's version of it.  And there
> ain't nothin' "alt" about it -- unless the Dixie Chicks rocked it up a
> bit.

I've heard it.  It's a good, straight country shuffle; "nothing 'alt' about
it" is right - you can hear a dozen or two like it any Saturday night on the
Grand Ole Opry, and that's not a criticism.  It will be interesting to see
how it fares on the charts.

Jon Weisberger, Kenton County, KY  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://home.fuse.net/jonweisberger