David Cantwell wrote:

> At 12:04 PM 4/22/99 -0400, Jon wrote:
>
> >I've heard it.  It's a good, straight country shuffle; "nothing 'alt' about
> >it" is right - you can hear a dozen or two like it any Saturday night on the
> >Grand Ole Opry, and that's not a criticism.  It will be interesting to see
> >how it fares on the charts.
>
> I heard this on the radio the other day and asked out loud: Who the hell is
> doing this twangy country song? When the DJ said the Chicks, I was plenty
> surprised. But in a very good way. --david cantwell

I've got the Dixie Chicks album.  It's a good album with some good "country"
stuff on it. It's usually the case that the better stuff is only allowed on the
album because of all the other pop stuff around, but because they are selling so
well now they can get away with putting the country stuff out as singles too. On
the last track (Let 'Er Rip) they let loose with extended instrumental breaks. I
wouldn't normally expect something like that to go out as a single, but now you
never know...

Louise
--

If you like rocking country music, check out the Okeh Wranglers web site at:

http://dspace.dial.pipex.com/bluesmoke