> "There was just something endearing about women honoring Patsy Montana and
> Bill
> Monroe like anyone still gave a damn." (Robert Wilonsky)

I only got about a third of the way through this guy's ridiculous
diatribe, so I missed this. These are fightin' words.

Kimmie and I just produced a play with Joe Sears (of Greater Tuna) which
was based on the great Tex Ritter song "Hillbilly Heaven". We had a
scene featuring "Patsy Montana" (played by Maryann Price.) I sure as
hell do assume there are people who give a damn, and if they don't then
they damn sure should. I also assumed that it was a very worthwhile
experience for all the kids in the show, who were exposed firsthand to
live (and very convincing) versions of songs by Jimmie Rodgers, Bob
Wills, Woody Guthrie, Hank Williams, et al. If the kids had never heard
of any of these people or their music, then they have now. This is
worthwhile. I'd like to roll up a copy of our play and shove it up this
guy's ass.

--
Joe Gracey
President-For-Life, Jackalope Records