Dave Purcell writes:

>Yeah, for better or worse, my early Rush thang got me to read
>some stuff I probably otherwise wouldn't have. Not that I understood
>much of it, but....

     Yup.  I, too, place my high school/college-era interest in Rand's
stuff squarely on Peart's shoulders.  She doesn't cast nearly as long a
shadow on me at 35 as she did when I was 22, but the influence still pops
up here and there.  It'd be interesting to figure out what percentage of
younger fans (say, under 40) of her stuff would have ever heard of her if
it hadn't been for "2112."

>I stopped buying records after Grace Under Pressure. Though, a
>friend made me a tape of Roll The Bones ("no synths!") which I
>liked well enough. My fave stuff is the Permanent Waves-Moving
>Pictures-Signals trio, it's been downhill since then.

     I made it as far as "Roll the Bones" before I gave 'em up for dead.
I just got sick of straining myself trying to hear the guitars.
                                --Jon Johnson
                                   [EMAIL PROTECTED]
                                   Wollaston, Massachusetts