> If the configuration says $$or, what code shall responsible for
> treating this as $or? The Postfix cfg_parser does not do that, and
> dict_mongodb.c will pass $$or into the mongo-c library.

It does not? I might totally be me misunderstanding the documentation,
and I am by no means a postfix expert, so please correct me if I'm wrong.
I see:
"... The general format of the main.cf file is as follows:
... Specify "$$" to produce a single "$" character. ..."
in https://www.postfix.org/postconf.5.html

now, in my case, I'm using a docker container, and am using parameters
in main.cf , a sample below:
docker_va_uri = $docker_dburi
docker_va_dbname = $docker_dbname
docker_va_collection = mailbox
docker_va_filter = {"$$or": [{"username":"%s"}, {"alias.address": "%s"}],
"active": 1}
docker_va_result_attribute = username

and then use something like:
postmap -q ha...@dexo.tech proxy:mongodb:docker_va

Is this the wrong approach?
Does cfg_parser or db_common_expand not replace $$ in docker_va_filter
with a single $?

Regards
Hamid Maadani