I have a somehow related problem.
My mail server uses lmtp:unix:/opt/insight/var/imap/socket/lmtp to transport
mails. I want postfix to forward or redirect a mail for a user in my domain
(e.g. [EMAIL PROTECTED] )to another user in test server am currently configuring
e.g [EMAIL PROTECTED]
At the test server I can send mail to [EMAIL PROTECTED], but from the mail
server cannot send mail to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Everytime I do that , I get the following error;
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> (expanded from <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>): host
/opt/insight/var/imap/socket/lmtp[/opt/insight/var/imap/socket/lmtp]
said:
550-Mailbox unknown. Either there is no mailbox associated with this
550-name or you do not have authorization to see it. 550 5.1.1 User
unknown
(in reply to RCPT TO command)
Can anyone help?
Stephen
LMI have a mail server runningwant to configure postfix from a mail server
so that mail send to an alias account e.g. [EMAIL PROTECTED] is forwarded to a
[EMAIL PROTECTED] test mail server such that e-mail intended for
[EMAIL PROTECTED] plan have a mail server where all company users are
-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Wietse Venema
Sent: Monday, July 21, 2008 11:53 PM
To: Postfix users
Subject: Re: Multiple users and multiple servers
David Martinez Cuevas:
> Hello.
>
> I'm currently trying to configure postfix in order to have different sets
of
> users on two different servers, but all on the same domain.
>
> That is: server1 must receive mail for a well known set of users, and
> server2 must receive e-mail for the rest of them
> Both, server1 and server2 should receive mail for domain "abc.org".
>
> Users of first server reach their e-mail using a web interface on
> http://server1.abc.org/webmail
> Users of second server do the same on http://server2.abc.org/webmail
>
> But all of them have account of the form "[EMAIL PROTECTED]"
>
> I've been googling a lot but I have not found some example of this.
>
> Can anybody please recommend me something to read ?
Use virtual_alias_maps (not: virtual_alias_domains):
[EMAIL PROTECTED] [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Or transport_maps:
relay_domains = example.com
relay_recipient_maps = table with valuid email addresses
[EMAIL PROTECTED] smtp:server1.example.com
Wietse