On Thu, Jul 24, 2008 at 07:56:44PM +0200, mouss wrote:
> johnf wrote:
> >I have a client that had a complete hardware failure. They were running
> >postfix and now need to get mail working again. I was thinking I could
> >use my postfix server to deliver mail. This would save them the expense
> >of going out and buying new hardware (their hardware is under warranty)
> >and would provide a simple backup for the future. My postfix server
> >currently only supports my domain (mydomain.com). For my server to
> >support two domains I think all I have to do is change "myhostname" to
> >include the client domain
> >
> >myhostname = mail.mydoman.com , mail.clientdomain.com
> >
> >Is that correct????
>
> the problem with this is that [EMAIL PROTECTED] and [EMAIL PROTECTED] are the
> same
> mailbox. if there is no "collision" (no common local part), this is ok.
> otherwise, you'll need to distinguish their users from yours. the
> simplest way is to "tag" their local part. use virtual_alias_maps:
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>
You are automatically error correcting the post somewhere between the
optic nerve and higher congnitive functions. The OP said:
myhostname = .... list of names ...
this is very wrong. You read:
mydestination = ... list of domains ...
this works in the way you described.
--
Viktor.
Disclaimer: off-list followups get on-list replies or get ignored.
Please do not ignore the "Reply-To" header.
To unsubscribe from the postfix-users list, visit
http://www.postfix.org/lists.html or click the link below:
<mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
If my response solves your problem, the best way to thank me is to not
send an "it worked, thanks" follow-up. If you must respond, please put
"It worked, thanks" in the "Subject" so I can delete these quickly.