Nicolas KOWALSKI wrote:
On Mon, Aug 04, 2008 at 12:29:34PM -0400, Brian Evans - Postfix List wrote:
A *better* way is force them to Authenticate using SASL.
See http://www.postfix.org/SASL_README.html
Postfix supports either Cyrus or Dovecot SASL.

P.S. This is if you fully trust and know this host

Yes, I fully trust this host. Actually, it is the mx backup for my home server:

$ host petole.dyndns.org
petole.dyndns.org has address 87.90.240.206
petole.dyndns.org mail is handled by 10 demisel.dyndns.org.
petole.dyndns.org mail is handled by 5 petole.dyndns.org.

Can I use authentication for MX?

I would highly recommend setting SASL up on both ends in this case. This is much more secure and reliable than whitelisting a dynamic host.
See the above link for details.

If you implement this and have problems, please post logs and new 'postconf -n' to this list.

Brian