Aaron Bennett:
> Hello,
>
> I'm experiencing very poor performance on receipt of email with large
> numbers of multiple recipients.  One particular listserv for example
> sends emails to 1600+ users in chunks of 50-60 per message.  Users are
> either local (maildir) or forwarded.  We do have three ldap maps in each
> receipt so that's a possible source of slowness, however, a previous
> setup that used sendmail with the same ldap server didn't experience
> this at all.  By 'very poor' I mean it takes almost two hours for the
> message to be delivered to all 1600 users.  Each message of 50 users
> sits in the incoming queue for quite a while and then in the active
> queue for quite a while as well.
>
> Any tips?   The hardware is sufficient to run almost any number of smtp
> or local processes if that is what's required.

man ldap_table
       domain (default: no domain list)
              This is a list of domain names, paths to files, or dictionaries.
              When  specified,  only  fully qualified search keys with a *non-
              empty* localpart and a matching domain are eligible for  lookup:
              'user'  lookups,  bare  domain lookups and "@domain" lookups are
              not performed. This can significantly reduce the query  load  on
              the LDAP server.

                  domain = postfix.org, hash:/etc/postfix/searchdomains