One user on the german mailing list observered that any SMTP delivery
(even to 127.0.0.1 and to a content_filter in his case) causes
mailaddresses to be rewritten according to smtp_generic_maps

Alas, the docs say:

smtp_generic_maps: Address mapping lookup table for envelope and header sender
and
recipient addresses while delivering mail via SMTP.

Correct.

"ADDRESS_REWRITING_README" on the other hand says:
"... when mail leaves the machine via SMTP"
(emphasis on "leave")

and in "STANDARD_CONFIGURATION_README" we see:
"This mapping happens ONLY when mail leaves the machine"
(emphasis on "leave")

One might argue that a delivery to "127.0.0.1" and/or "localhost" does
not really make the mail "leave" the machine.

That particular user now uses an lmtp transport to feed his
content_filter and all is well, but either the docs could be made to
match the behaviour (or the other way round).

--
Ralf Hildebrandt ([EMAIL PROTECTED])          [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Postfix - Einrichtung, Betrieb und Wartung       Tel. +49 (0)30-450 570-155