Marcel Grandemange wrote:

Please do

# postconf -e smtp_bind_address=196.212.65.187
# postfix stop
# postfix start

then send a new test mail and see which IP is being used. you can send me a message so that I see which IP is being used.

done

it came out from 196.212.65.186.

if you still have problems, post the output of 'postconf -n' and the contents of master.cf. feel free to hide private infos, but do so coherently. also tell us which OS is this.

[EMAIL PROTECTED] /home/thavinci]# postconf -n
[snip]
receive_override_options = no_address_mappings

This is risky. better put it in master.cf for those listeners that should not do address rewrite. otherwise, if you disable filtering, you'll forget this and you'll spend hours trying to figure out why your virtual and friends aren't used...

smtp_bind_address = 196.212.65.187

so the setting is there.

[snip]
mysql:/usr/local/etc/postfix/mysql_virtual_alias_maps.cf

consider using proxymap (add proxy: just before mysql:). check the docs for more infos.

[snip]

OS = FreeBSD r63.co.za 7.0-RELEASE FreeBSD 7.0-RELEASE #0: Sat Aug 30
15:50:44 SAST 2008     thavinci@:/usr/src/sys/amd64/compile/thavinci  amd64

Master.cf is pretty much stock except this at end....

Make sure there is no option there that overrides smtp_bind_address.

Make sure your NAT implementation does not nat your smtp traffic.

Im starting to wonder if this isn't the case...
However would be confusing to me if it is!

looks like it may be the case. which NAT do you use? is it an external box or is it pf or ipf on the same box (with pf or ipf, use pfctl or ipnat to see nat rules and states).

if you can disable NAT while you run a test, do so (you can still send me test mail).

you can tcpdump while you send mail (feel free to send it to me) and see which source IP is used.

And Thanks guys for trying to help!
I might be a bit moody, but im sure you understand the pressure when things
like this happens!

yep. good luck.