> With an ever changing list of over 600 e-mail addresses, manually
> maintaining relay_recepient_maps doesn't strike me as appealing, or
> practical.
>
> Unsurprisingly we have an AD back-end, is there any way for the two to
> communicate? I see this as being the only practical way to check valid
> recipients, though let me know if there is a better way.

We have a similar setup, where a "frontend mailserver" is relaying
incoming mail to an intranet Domino mail server. Because its very
ugly to automatically extract a list of valid email addresses from
the Domino server we are currently switching to recipient address
verification on the frontend mail server (postfix), so that postfix
always "asks" the Domino server "is this a valid address?"

Regards
-stefan-