Marcelo Iturbe wrote:
Hello,
A client has a domain (sample.com) which resolves to the IP 190.190.168.54
The MX records this domain point to another IP completely different:
64.233.171.27

I don't see the same IPs here.

$ host sample.com
sample.com has address 208.87.33.150
sample.com mail is handled by 10 nullmx.sample.com.
$ host nullmx.sample.com
nullmx.sample.com has address 209.181.247.105

My postfix server houses the domain someotherdomain.com,

you work for South Media Group?

the problem is that
I am unable to send email to my clients domain.

When I look in the log files, I see that postfix is trying to send the email
to the HOST and not the MX servers.

The A record is used when no MX record is found (that's how mail works). just because _you_ _now_ see an MX record doesn't mean that postfix could find one at the time of the transaction.

Sep  8 11:04:40 mailserver postfix/smtp[23528]: C6B494C421D: to=<
[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, relay=none, delay=1, status=deferred (connect to
sample.com[190.190.168.54]: Connection refused)

you'll have to do some debugging to see if you have a DNS problem.

- if you are not running a local DNS server, consider running one
- if your DNS queries are forwarded to your SP, consider disabling this
- if your postfix has chrooted services, consider disabling chroot.
- if your system resolver has bugs, try from another system

The DNS table looks like

it doesn't matter how it may look like to you. if you want help, show the real domain.

[snip]