J. Bakshi wrote:
> Brian Evans - Postfix List wrote:
>
>> J. Bakshi wrote:
>>

>>> Hello mouss,
>>>
>>> Thanks for your kind help. I am now in a position to give you some
>>> really good news. When I was looking close to my logs and got the error
>>> "can not connect to port 25" then your mail arrived and enlighten me.
>>>
>>> I have modified my main.cf as below
>>> #inet_interfaces = localhost
>>>
>>> then the master.cf as below
>>> smtp      inet  n       -       n       -       -       smtpd
>>> submission inet n      -       n       -       -       smtpd
>>>    -o smtpd_etrn_restrictions=reject
>>>    -o smtpd_client_restrictions=permit_sasl_authenticated,reject
>>> smtps    inet  n       -       n       -       -       smtpd -o
>>> smtpd_tls_wrappermode=yes smtpd_sasl_auth_enable
>>>

>> This is incorrect.  One -o for each option you wish to change.
>> smtpd -o smtpd_tls_wrappermode=yes -o smtpd_sasl_auth_enable=yes
>>
>> (but since you have the last option in main.cf.. what's the point)?
>>

>>> The good news is after restarting the postfix the mail server is
>>> collecting the emails from the net.
>>>
>>> The unsolved one is smtps is still not working. I have tried the either
>>> way too as you suggested to use TLS but both the cases it says can't
>>> connect to the smtp server.
>>>

>> Why try to use the archaic and obsolete smtps port when you already have
>> TLS on port 25?
>> Most modern clients will support TLS on any port if you ask it to look.
>>

>>> The mail.warn log provides a message
>>> postfix/master[1912]: warning: /usr/lib/postfix/smtpd: bad command
>>> startup -- throttling
>>>

>> See above.
>>
>> Brian
>>

> Good morning Brian and mouss,
>
> yes, after flipping through the logs I have discovered an error
>
> fatal: unexpected command-line argument: smtpd_sasl_auth_enable=yes
>
> But with TLS I hv no problem to send mail  ( no error ); thogh those mail has
> never reached the destination.

I then comment that smtpd_sasl_auth line from main.cf.
So no my configuration is like
smtp_use_tls = yes

smtpd_client_restrictions =
smtpd_helo_required = no
smtpd_helo_restrictions =
smtpd_sasl_auth_enable=yes
smtpd_recipient_restrictions =
permit_mynetworks,permit_sasl_authenticated,reject_unauth_destination
smtpd_sasl_path = private/auth
smtpd_sasl_type = dovecot
smtpd_sender_restrictions = hash:/etc/postfix/access
smtpd_tls_auth_only = yes
smtpd_tls_cert_file = /etc/ssl/certs/postfix.pem
smtpd_tls_key_file = /etc/ssl/private/postfix.pem
smtpd_use_tls = yes
strict_8bitmime = no
strict_rfc821_envelopes = no
unknown_local_recipient_reject_code = 550

after restarting the postfix the previous mails which was in queue
delivered to the destination immediately :-)

Joydeep Bakshi, Linux System Admin
Kolkatainfoservices Pvt Ltd,
23A Royd Street, Kolkata 700016, India
Work Phone 91 033 40014784