Wietse Venema wrote:
> Peter Rabbitson:
> [ Charset UTF-8 unsupported, converting... ]
>> Ralf Hildebrandt wrote:

>>> Not possible in general. Only possible if the client uses ESMTP --
>>> then you can use a policy server to restrict a combination of sender &
>>> size
>>>
>> "Not possible in general" is a bit harsh. After all I can set up another
>> instance of the postfix suite and just route the mail in question to it.
>> It is however not very optimal. I really feel that with the modularity
>> of postfix there should be a way to deliver a message in this manner
>> without causing a loop, I just do not know what it is.
>
> You can do per-user routing when mail LEAVES Postfix, but not when
> Postfix re-injects mail into itself.
>
> You can set a per-user FILTER action with access/header/body maps
> etc.  but that action will affect all recipients of that message.

Well... this might very well work. A descriptive reject message will
take care of the fact that all recipients are affected, as the sender
will know it. I looked at http://www.postfix.org/header_checks.5.html,
but it is not clear to me how can I say 'IF message size > x'. Can
someone help me with this?

Thank you