Unfortunately, they do not include the original compile directory when they ship the system.

Noel Jones wrote:
Jeffrey Shawn Klotz wrote:
Is there an "easy" way to tell how postfix was compiled?

I'm going to re compile on a mac mini. So of the paths aren't it common places. Last time I did this I messed up SASL big time.

I'd like to use the same paths as the original compile for compatibility.

Thanks...

There should be a file named "makedefs.out" in $config_directory that shows the options and settings used when postfix was compiled.

You should be able to re-create your makedefs command from the contents of this file.

Note the contents of makedefs.out may not be suitable for direct copy-paste into a command line; some quoting may be necessary.