>One possible explanation is that the filter queries a
>broken DNS (blocklist) server
When the problem occured, I already thought about the broken DNSBL query.
The content filter isn't doing any DNSBL check and the problem persists.

>Another possibility is that the
>Postfix SMTP server behind the content filter has problems when it
>tries to resolve the 127.0.0.1 client IP address to a hostname.
How would be resolving a problem 127.0.0.1 when in my /etc/hosts.conf I
have : order hosts,bind and the right entry in /etc/hosts

How does the qmgr determines when it can send the message to the content
filter ?

Marco