On Mon, Oct 6, 2008 at 2:33 PM, Robert Lopez <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> In the past months there have been instances where pfishing was used to get
> account credentials and use the victim's account to send massive quantities
> of SPAM.
>
> Is there a way to configure postfix to detect such an event and/or to stop
> such an event from reoccurring?
> Is there a way to limit the number of email a person can sent in a short
> period of time?
> Is there a way to block sending an email if  a maximum number of recipients
> is exceeded?

You can do some limits with policy filters.  One to limit the number
of mails sent over time is:

http://www.opennix.com/postfixresources/policy/ratelimit

You could easily modify this to limit based on other criteria, some
hints are in the docs.  I have also read that policyd can do this but
haven't used it myself.

-Aaron