Hello,

        We have created mail accounts ending in "." for a bug in our mail
creation process and we are having problems with these accounts.

        Our configuration is below:

* We have a relay server. This server acts as our incoming mail server
and is also the one that our users have as their smtp server.

* For our local accounts relay server delivers mail to other server,
which is the one where our users has their mailbox.

* Our user's accounts are in a ldap server (openldap).

        In the relay server we have a relay_recipient_maps to check that
incoming mail are for valid emails. In the mailbox server we have users
configured by a virtual_alias_maps. The configuration for both maps are
the same.

        The problem we have is that when we get an email directed to a mail of
the kind "<whatever>.@<mydomain>", it goes through all the servers, but
when the final server tries to deliver it in the mailbox, it fails with
a user unknown error, although it first accepts it, that is, in the
"rcpt to" it accepts the email (it is expected to reject it if the user
is unkown), but fails trying to deliver it, originating a bounce error
email. The error has the form:

<"whatever."@mydomain.com>: User unknown in virtual alias table

        Any idea?

--