On Friday 10 October 2008 15:46:46 Wietse Venema wrote:
> Rainer Frey (Inxmail GmbH):
> > On Wednesday 08 October 2008 00:52:10 Noel Jones wrote:
> > > Will the FILTER action accept an empty nexthop?
> >
> > It seems it does not (at least not correctly).  If the nexthop is empty,
> > it seems to assume the local host (which of course leads to "mail loops
> > to myself" if the recipient domain is not handled by postfix).
>
> This is incorrect.
>
> Postfix will complain about a mail loop REGARDLESS of the nexthop
> information unless you "filter" the mail to a non-SMTP TCP port,
> or unless you change the smtp_helo_name on the smtp delivery agent.

So will the FILTER action accept an empty nexthop (and determine the nexthop
from the recipient address domain) IF I change the smtp_helo_name? We tested
this and came to the conclusion that it doesn't work, but I don't have the
logs anymore, and I couldn't swear we didn't make a mistake and didn't have
the smtp_helo_name changed at that moment.

>       Wietse

Rainer

--
Software Developer
Inxmail GmbH

Handelsregister Freiburg, HRB 5870
Ust.-ID: DE198371679
Geschäftsleitung: Martin Bucher, Peter Ziras