On Thu, Nov 06, 2008 at 04:33:48PM +0100, Robert Schetterer wrote:

> Victor Duchovni schrieb:
> > On Thu, Nov 06, 2008 at 03:50:41PM +0100, Ralf Hildebrandt wrote:
> >
> >> tiscali.de              error:Tiscali hat den Maildienst zu tiscali.de zum
> >> 15.10.2008 eingestellt
> >
> > Better version for Postfix 2.3+ (multi-line is just for readability):
> >
> >     tiscali.de
> >             error:5.1.2 Tiscali hat den Maildienst zu
> >           tiscali.de zum 15.10.2008 eingestellt
> >
> > http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc3463#section-3.2
> >
> or maybe something like this should work too
>
> check_recipient_mx_access type:table
>     Search the specified access(5) database for the MX hosts for the
> RCPT TO domain, and execute the corresponding action. Note: a result of
> "OK" is not allowed for safety reasons. Instead, use DUNNO in order to
> exclude specific hosts from blacklists. This feature is available in
> Postfix 2.1 and later.

No, the original proposal is better, because it also correctly handles
bounces with sender addresses in the domains in question, .forward files,
... and refuses with the appropriate DSN code. Transport table entries
that resolve to the "error:" transport automatically lead to corresponding
SMTP rejections of recipients in the problem domain.

--
        Viktor.