Linux Addict wrote:
Steven King wrote:
Postfix is very cautious about system resource usage. It keeps an eye on
RAM usage, disk space, and CPU usage.

I battered my postfix server with 200K mails once. Just for a stress
test. The load on the server went up sharply and was a bit sluggish but
postfix chugged along through it with very little impact to other
services running on the system.

Linux Addict wrote:
We have a java mailer application which was hung and queued more than
100k mails. People are working to fix it. I am worried that all 100k
mails may hit postfix server and cause some damage.

Anyway I can prepare for it?

~LA

Thanks! I am not just worried about the system performance, but possible blacklisting as it may send flurry of mails to external domains.

~LA
I am reading the TUNING_README and it looks like anvil seems to be taking care of most things.