Martin Strand schrieb:
> We're an email service provider hosting ~3000 domains. Customers can delegate
> their domains to our nameservers and administer email accounts with a web
> interface.
>
> I figured it would be a good idea to reserve the postmaster@ and abuse@
> addresses for hosted domains and forward them to our own postmaster account.
>
> Now one of these customers wants to create a [EMAIL PROTECTED] account and
> use it for his personal email...
> I just want to ask what you guys think about this policy, am I just being
> silly when reserving these addresses in the customer's own domain? Should I
> drop that restriction and leave their domains alone?
>
> Thanks,
> Martin

Hi Martin, we create postmaster,webmaster,hostmaster,abuse addresses
auto at domain creation time as aliases to our hostmasteraddress
but we are allowing to change this aliases eihter additional to
some domain mailboxes or use them total by their owner
postfixadmin gives you good configure choices for such stuff

--
Best Regards

MfG Robert Schetterer

Germany/Munich/Bavaria